The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

32w4d - Sam co-operates!

I had my non stress test this am, and for the first time in 3 appts, Mr. Sam co-operates and shows nice accells on his strip! It was an easy quick appt (kinda, not really quick, but easy, lol)

I am facing a 'nesting' dilemma - with all the heartache we had in the middle of this pregnancy, I am VERY hesitant in buying anything for the baby. We won't need much in the beginning, and Ray can go out and get a car seat after Sam is here and healthy. But I am going to have to break down and buy a couple packs of receiving blankets at the very least, and probably some t's or sleepers, as those things have to be washed before he wears them. I am assuming he will be born a peanut, so will just get a couple of packs of newborn gowns probably.

Is this silly of me? I think it is a little bit of self preservation, but just wait till after he is home with us, no holding me back then!

December 1st tomorrow, I would have never thought we would make it this far and be in such good shape to boot, I am SO thankful! I am hoping December flies by, I am 36 weeks at Christmas, and 37w at new years and it will be time to have a baby before we know it, I can't wait, I am ready to meet this little boy.

Thanks all for all the good thoughts, I will update after our growth scan on Monday, I am hoping to see an almost 3lber then.

Catherine

2 comments:

kelleyz3 said...

Catherine,
It sounds like you and Sam are doing great! I kind of had a nesting problem as well, I was afraid to buy anything for my little boy because of my complete placenta previa... I did begin to break down and buy things for him as I got around 32 weeks, I saved all the receipts. Thankfully I didn't have to return anything. I can't wait to read about your appointment on Monday.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Cathetine - I am so happy that things are going so well for you and Sam! Maybe a good friend or family member will see your message and suprise you with a pack of blankets, some tiny onesies and nighties so you wont have to agonize about buying any. Good work, momma.

KD