The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Amazing u/s update

I just got back from ultrasound, they didnt take me until 5!

I have to say, God is good, I am in shock...

My fluid level was 15.67 - we have really have no risk of cord compression now! Samuel (it's a boy, they could actually see boy parts!) is still measuring behind, but moving right along, overall measurement is 26w2d, which is 2w2d behind, i was 3 weeks behind 3 weeks ago, so he is catching up a little!

Head is measuring less than a week behind.

He flipped head down to transverse during the u/s, so i was thinking there MUST be more fluid, but was shocked to hear it is actually normal.

Dr is thrilled, and said, no that doesnt mean you can go home! (i didnt ask!)

So, although we still have very big concerns about the fluid levels between 19 and 25 weeks, i am praying there was enough for his lungs, because all right now looks good- if i continue with the good fluid levels, it would mean i can deliver naturally as weel, and avoid a csec, which would be SO awesome.

Thank you ALL for your prayers, they are working!

Catherine

8 comments:

lotsoftots said...

OMG now that was a GREAT update :O)
still keeping you and Sam in my prayers :O)

Debbie/ lotsoftots

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I have been following your story from the ttc in our forties board on FF. You are an amazing and strong Mama! I hope this gives you a bit of restful sleep tonight.

Tarewyn

Anonymous said...

Oh , Happy Day! Thrilled beyond belief here and soooooooooo glad to hear the news. Woo hooo.
Thanks for posting and I'll still be praying. ;-}

Mary said...

I have also been following your story from ff and I am so happy to hear your good news. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers! What wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you God! Praise God!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the most wonderful news, Catherine! Keep up the good work, Momma. And stay out, it's working. KD

Suzanne said...

I'm from the pre-e board...so glad to hear that Samuel is doing well!!

Anonymous said...

Praise you Lord. What wonderful news. Continuing to hold you all in prayer.