The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

29w4d u/s update

We still have fluid! More than last week, verging on too much, now wouldnt THAT be a twist of gestational fate, lol- we are at 18.3 now. We really dont need any more than that though, the 15-18 range is just lovely, and would like to see that again next week!

They only did 1 measurement today, and it shows 1w1d growth from last week, which would mean he has caught up one more day since last week, we wont get a full growth u/s until thanksgiving day.

Looks like Sammy is still a boy, but the gender shot wasnt as clear as some i have seen, looking down between his legs( he is head down) there is definitely something between the legs, lol - so i can only assume it is boy parts! Tech said looks like it is prob a boy to her, so we shall go with that for now! If we are surprised later, all the more fun huh? We just want a baby to take home!

Doppler flow was good, 2.3 i think, that is the s/d ratio which they tell me is good...

So, I am feeling much more confident about this fluid situation, and although I am not pushing the door down as of yet, with a couple more good u/s I think I would like to go home for a few weeks.

Oh, they reduced my BP meds again as well, on Aldomet 500 3x a day now, as apposed to 4x.

Dr S mentioned today keeping me until 35 weeks and than me coming back early jan- 37-39 weeks for delivery, isnt that amazing, we are talking about a full term delivery now?

He also gave me his thoughts on what happened to me, he still thinks it was prob some sort of autoimmune response that hit me hard at about 19 weeks, and meds to control bp helped mitigate symptoms, and the heparin actually has helped repair some of the damage and allow recanalization of blood flow to the placenta - amazing huh?

Well this was very disjointed, but long story short, all is looking good for today, and I thank God for that.

Catherine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing. Wonderful and amazing! However, let's not have any more talk of you making a move unless the docs are SURE it's time. Baby S is thriving there...umm let's keep it that way! AYou are just where you need to be, the rest of the workd will wait for you to finish cooking this little guy...as long as it takes. Hugs - KD

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. It actually made me cry a little. I have been checking all the time for good news and this is the best yet. Congrats! for now. Keep doing whatever they say.

It is worth it. Hugs to you all.
xox

Laurie