The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Tuesday Update @ 24w2d from my new home -aka room 221

Hi All,

Well I am here in the hospital, and situated- have my high speed internet, my books, and so far just me in the room, it isnt a private room, but no roomie yet. They tell me because of my "long term" status I am next up for a private room tho...

I have a little bit of encouraging news Smiley I have a tiny bit more fluid, he didnt give me a number but said a little more than last week, but still severe oligaminious(sp) but i will take every little bit i can get-

Baby is measuring all together 3 weeks small- but...Sam's little head is keeping up better than his/her abdomen, called asymetrical IUGR - head measured 22w5d, I am 24w2 - so it has actually caught up a little since my first diagnosis, as it was 2 weeks behind at 19w5d(meaured 17w5d) the femur is 21w something and the abdomen 19w6 or something - this asymetrical iugr is called a "brain sparing effect" evidentally the baby knows where it is most important to grow, and the rest can catch up- dr seemed pleased S was growing.

I told my doctor about nancys story, and told him it gives me hope- he said, Catherine, we have to have hope, otherwise we wouldnt be here- which made me very happy-

I got my first steroid shot for the baby's lungs today, and will get the second one tomorrow-

I am not extermely pleased with the first 1 hr monitoring strip they did of the baby, there was one deceleration where the HB went into the teens, and otherwise stayed pretty even in the 140s, but i think they are wanting to see accelerations...

Second strip of the day didnt show any decels, just a nice strong HB between 135 and 150

They are doing 2 one hour strips a day, and u/s 1x per week...I am still not sure how i am going to do 2 months here, lol - it is gonna be a long haul, i will do whatever i need to the baby, but jeez, this is gonna be "interesting"- I am better emotionally, not crying etc-

I pray it stays as boring as it is today, because it means baby is behaving and my bp/etc is undercontrol, but hope i can get into some sort of daily groove, so the days pass quickly....

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, they helped me this am as i prepared to leave the house, will update tomorrow-

Catherine

1 comment:

Susan said...

Catherine--Praying that your stay will be comfortable, and Sam will be wiggling in your arms as soon as s/he's ready to arrive, healthy and happy.

I think of you often, and include you in my prayers.

susan