The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Doing ok and thankful

I am actually doing ok the last day, emotionally and physically. Now that I have recovered some of my 'mind' I really feel bad for the emotional roller coaster I have put Raymond through the last 10 days, especially the last couple days before I came back here. I was truly unstable. Having Ray as a rock solid partner in my life is more blessing that I can even describe, I can rely on him as I have never been able to do with another person since I left my parents at 22.

This is as hard on him as it is on me, and I just pray to give him and our family a healthy new addition in the next 2.5 months (remember the long inside me the less time in NICU!)

The baby's heart rate tracings have been easier to do than I thought, Sam seems to co-operate most of the hour. As an added bonus because of the pressure the little monitoring thing puts on my belly, i can actually feel the baby kick against it, I think Ray could feel the baby on the outside if we were patient enough to lay still that long and wait, lol - or we can just wait till the baby is a little bigger.

Speaking of size, we have a ways to go, at the u/s on Tues baby Sam was about 13 oz - I really want this baby to weigh over 2 lbs, preferably closer to 3, which would be right on track for a 32-34 week delivery.

28 weeks at a bare minimum is we want, which is 10-28 - my dad and nephews bday! lets not make it 3 though, lets hold out longer...

32 weeks is 11/25, the Sunday before Thanksgiving, which would be something to be tremendously thankful for...

and 34 weeks, which is only how long they think the placenta may be able to keep working right til, is 12/9 - and as long as that sounds, that is the date I am praying for.

That is all for now, thank you all for your prayers and good wishes - they seem to be working!

2 comments:

David said...

A really moving post. You are all in my prayers.

Merry Jo said...

Catherine,
Hi sweetie, its Merry Jo from FF. So happy to "hear" a more positive tone in your "voice". Holding you, Ray and little Sammie close in prayer. Will be checking back often.
Merry Jo