The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

This is the post I have dreamed of making since I was 20w pregnant...


Samuel is here, and he is healthy! He in his complicated style wanted to scare us during his delivery - he wouldn't maintain a nice baseline heartrate - and after getting complete to 10cm, his heartrate dropped into the 60s (I wussed out and got the epidural at 7-8 cm, what was I thinking, why would i want a natural childbirth with pitocin!) I was totally numb, but the dr said this baby needs to be born now, can you push? I said I can - and 2 min later he was born, with his cord around his neck 2x! What a complicated little man huh??

He came out crying - he pinked up quickly - he is healthy!

He weighed in at 5lbs even, and 18 inches long, Ray and I just cried at the sound of his little voice. He came into this world at 4:20 yesterday afternoon.

The Dr told the ICU dr that was on hand for the birth - this is a miracle baby, termination was recommended, and virtually no hope was given.

He stayed with me in my room last night, and we should be going home today - he nurses better than my other 2 kids ever did so early on - I will get pictures up ASAP!

Catherine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

!Oh Catherine!! I am so happy for you and your family!!!! What a miracle boy you have!!! Can't wait to see pics--have fun with him!!! Krissyb

Anonymous said...

Catherine, I am crying tears of JOY for you and Ray. What a miracle. Thank you God :o)

Looking foward to the pictures of your precious son.

Sharon
(TTC40 board @FF)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've been following your story via the Preeclampsia.org boards and I am so thrilled for you and your family. Welcome, Sam. So happy for your incredibly happy ending. Hope you are feeling well and getting some rest!

kelleyz3 said...

Catherine,
Congratulations! Sam sounds wonderful and amazing! I've been following you beginning with the Sher boards in case you wonder where I'm from :-)

Can't wait to see the pics!

Suzanne said...

I've been following your story via the pre-e board, too! How wonderful to have such a great ending - or should I say beginning!

Hippy Goodwife said...

Oh Thank you for posting! Oh my! What a miracle boy and what a brave strong Mama he has. Best of wishes to you and all your family.

Anonymous said...

Catherine, Samuel is just beautiful! I hope things are going well for you guys at home. Post more pics when you can :o)


Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath, that's great -- he IS beautiful. What a wonderful gift heaven has bestowed upon your family!

Well done, congratulations and God bless!

Paul