The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

12 hours from now...

In 12 hours we leave the house for the hospital...

I took my last heparin shot this am...

I have been having sporadic contractions since Tuesday, probably not productive, but I hope they mean my body will be receptive to the induction!

This is the last day in my life I will be pregnant, kinda bittersweet...but we are REALLY ready to meet this little guy. I still pray every time I think of birthing him that he comes out screaming, healthy lungs and all. I still find it surprising the doctors don't caution me to be ready for problems...

After all the doom and gloom at 20 weeks, I think maybe it was to prepare me to lose him all together, that they thought he wouldn't make it to viability. We are so lucky to be where we are today, against all odds, having a full term birth of this miracle baby.

Please God, help him breath and be strong so he can come home with us with no complications...

How much will Samuel weight? Ray guesses 5lbs 2 oz - I guess between 4lbs 12 oz and 5lbs 5oz (I of course have to take the 4lbs 7oz and do the +/-10% blah blah blah and go from there, lol.

We should have the laptop with us at the hospital and the digital camera, and will update from there! Wish us luck, I am not scared, but quite anxious!

Catherine

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm praying for you. I'm sure Samuel will come out perfect!! I'm so excited for all of you.

kelleyz3 said...

I logged in this morning to see if there's been any news yet... A bit early I admitt! It's so exciting. I hope all goes well and little Sam starts out with a healthy cry. I can't wait to see pics and find out how much he weighs (I'll bet at least 5 and a half pounds).
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Catherine, I thrilled beyond words that you have made it this far and that today you will be holding your little miracle. I can't wait to see pictures of Samuel and to hear about how today went.

Sharon
(from TTC40 @ FF)

Demeter said...

Wow, Catherine! The long wait is over! Can't wait to see your update about Sam's birth!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying for you! Good luck and God Bless!