The boy's name Samuel is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God has heard." Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name."

Send me an email!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wee! That was fun...NOT...or my 3 hrs in L&D triage...

Ok...my little man was to have a non eventful NST this am, got there, got hooked up, he started dancing around, and his heartrate plummeted into the 60's! For over 30 seconds!! I thought he was dying...so scared. I called the nurse in, she got the Dr, he said you just bought yourself a visit to the hospital, but lets do a quick u/s first.

Fluid was awesome and cordflow normal, he looked closely at the cord and said there are no knots, but there isnt alot of gel around it, so minor compressions can show the decels. I guess the cord is not as protected on the outside as some.

Send me to L&D, where Sam was a perfect gentleman, and showed nice accels and no decels. His heartrate baseline is much slower that it has been, in the 1hundred teens to 120- even saw some low 100s but I guess this isnt something so scary, it seems odd to me, but i guess now from what they tell me.

So, he gave me a heart attack, probably not the last time, but hopefully the last time until he is 13...

Catherine

1 comment:

Newlyweds Blog said...

Hi Catherine,

You dont know me, but I was told about your situation from Fertility friend girls. I just wanted to say that reading your story is giving me a great deal of hope. I have been having blood pressure issues and yesterday they told me that the baby has low fluid levels. Im 22 +4 days and the baby is measuring 20+3. Im very scared and am going for a level 2 ultrasound. Anyway I hope you dont mind if I peek at your blog. I just wanted you to know you have helped me.

Sincerely

Cherie

AKA Cheriern on ff